Build errors in building L4re for ARM

Rahul Ramasubramanian ramasubramanian.rahul at
Fri Apr 1 00:50:45 CEST 2011

I was trying to build l4re and ran into rather strange compilation  errors.
The code where the error is trowing up is in

The relevant part of the error log looks like
make[5]: Leaving directory
  ==> "libcxx_libc_io_e.a" built
  ==> Installing libcxx_libc_io.a to local build-tree
  ==> Installing libcxx_libc_io_e.a to local build-tree
make[5]: Leaving directory
make[4]: Leaving directory
make[3]: Leaving directory
make[2]: Leaving directory
  ... Compiling ios_failure.o
make[5]: Entering directory
  ... Compiling vbus.o
  ... Compiling module.o
  ... Compiling ARCH-arm/crt0.o
  ... Compiling vbus_pci.o
  ... Compiling region.o
  ... Compiling ios_init.o
  ... Compiling vbus_gpio.o
=== Building package "libkproxy" ===
  ... Compiling startup.o
make[2]: Entering directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: Mar: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: 31: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: 18:28:52: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: EDT: No such file or directory
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++: 2011": No such file or directory
<command-line>: warning: missing terminating " character
error: missing terminating " character
  ... Compiling vbus_i2c.o
make[5]: *** [startup.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
make[4]: ***
Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
make[3]: *** [src] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
make[2]: *** [server] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
  ... Compiling ios-inst.o

The toolcahin I am using is arm-linux-gcc-4.3.2.tgz, which I downloaded from
some embedded system user group (

I think that this maybe has something to the toolchain.
Can anyone point out why this error is and what i should do to fix this
error .

Thanks and Regards
Rahul Ramasubramanian