L4 on Qualcomm snapdragon chipset?

joel nider joel at nider.org
Thu Jun 9 16:22:40 CEST 2011

Hi Anna,

I can confirm that it is possible.  The Scorpion processor is fully ARM v7 compliant, and as you said the instruction set is compatible with the Cortex-A8.
Of course you will have to write the BSP (in kern/arm/bsp) - I suggest using the realview directory as a template, and modify the files as needed.  If you change the Kconfig file, then you can get Snapdragon to show up as a new target.
# PF: Snapdragon
# PFDESCR: 7x30, 7x27, etc
# PFCAN: CAN_ARM_CPU_CORTEX_A8
# PFDEPENDS: ARM