write my own root task.

Chen Tian chen.tian at acm.org
Fri Jul 15 00:15:25 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to use C++ to write my own root task. I found that if I
declare a static or global object, bootstrap complains that two
regions belonging to my root task overlapped and thus cannot proceed.
Why does my root task have two conflicting regions? According to the
bootstrap report, they both have the correct starting address, but one
ends just at the global object's ctor in .ctors section, while the
other region covers the entire program.
If the .ctors section is empty then everything is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Chen