writing my own filesystem for L4

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jul 19 14:30:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon Jul 18, 2011 at 21:11:27 +0200, Michal Schulz wrote:
> I'm going to write a filesystem for L4, using the tmpfs (l4/pkg/tmpfs)
> as a starting point. However, I would like to know whether there are
> any tools I could use to test the filesystem. The tool I would love to
> have should display all registered filesystem and should allow me to
> walk through filesystem's directory trees. Is there such a tool or
> example application? Are there any packages in L4 which use VFS layer
> at all?

It's as easy as using open/read/readdir/write/..., i.e. a
opendir+readdir loop will do that. For actually mounting an FS there's a
mount() call for doing it itself, or mount-library (libmount) that will
parse a fstab-file upon application start. Environment-variable
FSTAB_FILE is used to point to the file (probably something like
rom/fstab) and env-var FSTAB_DEBUG can be used to get some messages
while processing fstab. There's nothing to list all registered FSs.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de