Dependencies

Bryce CR brycecr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 00:30:11 CEST 2011

To follow up,

it appears that jdb.o is the source of all the name conflicts. An nm
dump gives all of the offending duplicated definitions as fully defined
function objects:

0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel32query_iterator_priority__element15remove_and_nextEv
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel32query_iterator_priority__element4nextEv
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel32query_iterator_priority__elementC1EPNS_8relationERKNS_14tuple_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel32query_iterator_priority__elementC2EPNS_8relationERKNS_14tuple_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel33query_iterator___element_priority15remove_and_nextEv
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel33query_iterator___element_priority4nextEv
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel33query_iterator___element_priorityC1EPNS_8relationE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel33query_iterator___element_priorityC2EPNS_8relationE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation13unsafe_removeERKNS_22tuple_element_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation5queryERKNS_13tuple_elementERNS_14tuple_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation5queryERKNS_14tuple_priorityERNS_32query_iterator_priority__elementE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation5queryERNS_33query_iterator___element_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation6insertERKNS_22tuple_element_priorityE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation6removeERKNS_13tuple_elementE
0000000000000000 T
_ZN14prio_queue_rel8relation6updateERKNS_13tuple_elementERKNS_14tuple_priorityE

The peculiar thing here is that the rest of the objects in the dump seem
to be explicitly in jdb-labeled directories (instead of the kern
directory), or are left undefined (printf, etc.).

So why does jdb.o pick up my definitions from the kern directory? Should
I look into putting these files in preprocess format?

Thanks!