l4re-snapshot-2011081207 and l4android for arm: build error after update

giowck giowckln at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 11:01:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I downloaded the latest l4re snapshot (l4re-snapshot-2011081207), in order
to compile it along with l4android for arm.
Finally it compiles with the CodeSourcery cross compiler (as noted in the
README file), where the previous snapshot failed and worked only for me with
the 4.2-arm-softfloat compiler (without EABI support).

But, with the latest snapshot I get a new error:

# make L4ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- -j4
make -C /home/wicklein/tests/l4android/kernel
O=/home/wicklein/tests/l4android/l4android_builddir/.
Package l4re-main was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `l4re-main.pc'
No package 'l4re-main' found
Getting required compilation flags failed.
L4OBJ: /home/wicklein/tests/l4re-snapshot-latest/obj/l4/arm-beagleboard
L4_REQUIRED_MODS: l4re-main libc_be_minimal_log_io libc_minimal
libsupc++_minimal log l4re_c-util libio libvcpu shmc
/home/wicklein/tests/l4android/kernel/arch/l4/Makefile:315: *** Aborting..
 Schluss.
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

Just wanted to report that. Now I'll try to copy just the l4re-main.pc file
from the old snapshot to the new pc directory.

Regards
Giorgio