build error: No rule to make target crtendS.o

Wesley Miaw wesley at wesman.net
Tue Sep 13 02:20:22 CEST 2011

On Mon, September 12, 2011 09:45, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> Hi,
> On Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 08:38:56 -0700, Wesley Miaw wrote:
>> Do you have any clues as to why I only get garbage printed out when I
try to run one of the bootstrap programs?
> Hmm, the baud-rate in bootstrap is set to 115200, so that's what you're
using? IIRC the boot monitor is using 38400.

Thanks, Adam. That was exactly the problem for why I was getting garbage.
I didn't think to guess the bootstrap might be changing the console baud
rate. I've tried changing the code to use 38400 instead of 115200 (because
I can't find a way to change the board's startup to use 115200, only
post-startup, which makes things inconvenient) but all of my attempts to
change the values of 115200 to 38400 in the code don't seem to have any
effect.

I had to switch the RAM_BASE to 0x60000000 but after doing that, it looks
like things should be working. I also changed the Fiasco globalconfig
settings to change it to VEXPRESS and use 0x60000000 as the RAM location.

I noticed there are two builds of Fiasco being created also. One of which
is multi-core and has a TrustZone option. The other does not:
arm-mp-rv-pb11mp and arm-up-rv-9. I'm not sure which one is getting used
right now.

Anyway, doing this got everything to load until the point where it says
there is an invalid System ID. I'm guessing I still need to tweak the
kernel configuration but at least I've made some good progress today!

  Starting kernel fiasco at 60001000
Realview System ID: Rev=3 HBI=190 Build=f Arch=5 FPGA=05
  Invalid System ID for this kernel config
  Expected (3190f505 & ffffff00) == 1190f500
  Stopping.

Thanks for your help. :)
--
Wesley Miaw