Object-Capabilities and Physical Memory Mapping

Björn Döbel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Oct 5 11:00:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

>> It's there at l4/pkg/io
> I used the svn checkout command provided at
> http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4Re/download.html which apparently
> contains a restricted number of packages. I just saw much more
> packages were provided within the snapshot tarball.

Yes, when checking out L4Re you only get the basic set of packages.
The command for checking out the IO server will then be:

$> cd l4/pkg
$> svn up io

The full list of available subdirectories can also be obtained by
running "svn ls" in the l4/pkg directory.

> As my goal is to probably replace the standard io server
> implementation and to extend some kernel mechanics, I don't really
> want to base myself on L4re and its high level servers.

If you gave us more detail on what you are trying to do, we might
perhaps be able to point you into the right direction.

Cheers,
Bjoern
Dipl.-Inf. Bjoern Doebel    Mail:  doebel at tudos.org
TU Dresden, OS Chair        Phone: +49 351 463 38 799
Noethnitzer Str. 46         Fax:   +49 351 463 38 284
01187 Dresden, Germany      WWW:   http://www.tudos.org/~doebel