Is there a way to build a non-PIC shared library with l4env?

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Thu Oct 6 17:34:41 CEST 2011

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 01:20:19 +1300 (MSD), Valery V. Sedletski wrote:

>Maybe, I must build a custom libloader.s.so version which loads at different address? Or maybe, there is a
>legal way to move libloader.s.so to another address? -- I know that, for example, thread lib heap can be moved
>from its default position by changing a variable which is defined as a weak symbol. So, maybe it could be done
>likewise? Help, please..

A correction: when using the dynamic loading, there is an ldso at 0x10000, not libloader.
So, an idea: maybe, it is possible to compile ldso as a static lib, and link it statically to the
binary? -- Then it will load at the binary link address, not 0x10000 and it will be free..

Hope it will help,
valery