Is there a way to build a non-PIC shared library with l4env?

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Thu Oct 6 23:31:03 CEST 2011

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 23:27:00 +0200, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

>There's no way to change that address at runtime. Please just change it
>in the code (loader/server/src/app.cc, APP_ADDR_LDSO) and try that.
>Changing the way the linking is done is probably much more troublesome.
>In L4Re this should work better as the lower region of the virtual
>address space is not used for that purpose.
>

>Adam
>--

Yes, so, it is hardcoded in loader binary... And it could probably break the compatibility
with something. -- But I've got another idea. I could try also
to avoid using ldso at all. -- Just compile in the libdl support without runtime linker support.
The libdl sources contain a define #ifdef SHARED, so this gives an idea that libdl could
be compiled as a static library. And even, the symbols imported from ldso, are #ifdef'ed, so
maybe, it could be linked statically with the binary. Maybe, that can help..