Is there a way to build a non-PIC shared library with l4env?

Valery V. Sedletski _valerius at mail.ru
Sat Oct 8 16:21:14 CEST 2011

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:43:32 +1300 (MSD), Valery V. Sedletski wrote:

>Heh, 'l4env_request_config_u32' was referenced by -ll4rm.p. But I canot remove it, because I need it. -- I use l4rm functions for attaching
>dataspaces. So, what could be the solution? Leave -ll4env.p as is? But what to do with main() and crt0.o?

But l4rm must be a single instance in a single application, so I need to use an l4rm instance from my application, not in a shared lib...
So, I need somehow to call my application region mapper from the shared lib... But I cannot use the ldso for linkage. So I need to make
the linkage manually... I see only one solution: to pass the needed l4rm function pointers to the shared lib 'init' function. But maybe,
the better solution exists? Any ideas?