L4Android/L4Linux Beagleboard framebuffer and driver

Giorgio Wicklein giowckln at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:07:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

my previous email [1] about the framebuffer issue on beagleboard is not really a
fix, because the used U-Boot version, which did the nice dss initialisation, is affected by
a bug that causes an ehci power down during boot and so a non working USB ehci port.

I found the beagle u-boot logo patch [2], which was used in the broken U-Boot version,
and ported it to L4.
So we have a working lcd display regardless of the U-Boot
initialisation, since the newer versions don't do any dss initialisation [3].

Please feel free to use my patch [4], see attachment.

[1] http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/2011/005048.html
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/3ad9b803a3418624
[3] http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-October/104043.html
[4] addressed to l4/pkg/drivers/lcd/src/lcd-omap3.c