Mouse and keyboard on L4Android

giowck giowckln at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:41:37 CEST 2011

Hi Adam,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 01:44:33AM +0200, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:

> On Fri Oct 14, 2011 at 15:34:06 +0200, Giorgio Wicklein wrote:
> > Is USB working on L4Linux/L4Android?
>
> Yes, on x86.

So, what is needed to make it work also on arm?
Is this done just through the io file, declared for x86 (legacy),
so that Linux handles usb? I mean, there is no need for drivers on
L4 side? Since Linux has them...?

I'm asking this, because I didn't find any specific pkg in L4 for USB.

> > I defined USB in my io file as following (for beagleboard):
> >
> > USB => new Device()
> > {
> >     .hid = "usb";
> >     new-res Mmio(0x48064000 .. 0x48064fff);
> >     new-res Irq(77);
> > }
> >
> > Can L4Linux access now to the USB interface, or are any further steps
required?

> That's one thing, and then make the platform specific parts work in
> L4Linux.
>
> Adam

So now, by declaring the usb interface in the io file, L4Linux obtains
physical
access to it (or better, is allowed to access those addresses).
Please correct me if I am wrong.

By "platform specific part", do you mean to enable the omap USB driver in
Linux
kernel configs? And maybe include libusb + usbutils (for lsusb)?

Thanks for your help and of course your patience :D
Giorgio