Running L4 linux on Beagle board

Francois Goichon francois.goichon at insa-lyon.fr
Thu Oct 20 19:36:20 CEST 2011

Hi Julien,

qemu-linaro emulates the real BB boot process and you therefore have to provide a bootable SD-card device or image instead of just the kernel ELF.

   qemu-system-arm -M beagle -m 512 --clock unix --serial stdio -sd <device name | image file>

The SD image must contain proper BB initialization instructions. MLO + u-boot are usually used for this.

Angstrom demo files will probably be a great source of inspiration for you: http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/ .

François