omap3 usb platform and other

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Oct 25 15:44:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri Oct 21, 2011 at 13:44:12 +0400, Vasily Sartakov wrote:
> I would like to discuss with you platforms supported in l4linux.
> l4linux good working on "vanilla" arm platform, but when we try to use
> a board specific devices - for example USB, we have some problem with
> full device support in sources. For example, USB gadget need musb,
> witch need twl4030, which need i2c, which need clock and power domain
> initialisation, and all of this part placed in arch/arm/omap.
> In next mail attachment you can find the our kernel, which support usb
> on Overo Gumstix platform. We copied sources from arch/arm/omap to
> arch/l4/kernel/arch-arm/ and made it work. Most of them serious
> changed, but we tried to save structure.
> I don't thing what its good solution, but it real working and someone
> who ask USB support on arm can use it.
> So, what you think about full board/platform supporting? any idea?
> Can this solution may be pushed to SVN?
> I understand that this code should be more clear, and I think it would
> be better if he would be on the Internet. Incidentally, this is the
> second version, we have previously done this for kernel 2.6.xx, and it
> is very difficult to keep a local copy and make regular merge.

I have some core work lying around for getting this better integrated
and may push that out eventually. I still need to gather more experience
to see which approach I like to prefer.

> The other thing which i would like discuss is configuration management
> for l4re build. With a time, count of a package will be increased,
> and, like now, the compiling of l4re take a long time. Do you plan in
> this direction some work? For example, you could make small
> configuration files for compiling only requirements, similar to
> Control

I think this is already possible. For one, you can do 'make <pkgname>' in
the pkg directory do only build all deps of the package and the package
itself. When you know what you want to build, you can do
'make S=path1:path2:etc' in pkg/.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de