Cannot show fbterminal

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Dec 6 22:26:36 CET 2011

Hi,

On Tue Dec 06, 2011 at 13:38:12 +0700, Adi Lima wrote:
> I've been trying all day launching fbterminal using plain example
> x86-fb.cfg,
> and only replace ex_fb_spectrum with fbterminal, following suggestion from
> Adam
> (i found it in some old thread).
>
> Unfortunately I can't see any mag window for the fbterminal, maybe it
> failed to create one,
> or somethin else happened, but if I add a second mag window, containing
> ex_fb_spectrum,
> it shows.
>
> What do I miss?

The terminal needs to be connected to something, and as it does not
find this connection, it terminates. Change the last part like this:

local term = l:new_channel();
l:start({ log = term }, "rom/hello");
e = l:start({ caps = {
                fb = mag_caps.svc:create(L4.Proto.Goos, "g=640x480"),
                term = term:svr(),
              },

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de