Using fbterminal with L4Con

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Dec 9 00:11:35 CET 2011

On Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 13:20:58 +0700, Adi Lima wrote:
> I finally able to run fbterminal after a bit struggling with some
> confusions,
> modifying example: x86-fb.cfg and replacing* ex_fb_spectrum* with *
> fbterminal* doesn't seem to work if we don't add "term = term:svr()" into
> fbterminal's caps, where term is defined as: term = loader:new_channel().
>
> But now I want to put this terminal into L4Con, but don't know how to do it.
>
> L4con seem to accept different caps list compare to mag.

Indeed, it's called 'con' and it's just a single cap.

> The console appear, but the fbterminal doesn't.

You're giving fbterminal the fbdrv-cap so you're giving fbterminal direct
access to the physical framebuffer, bypassing con. To create a console
at con you need to do the same create call as with mag, just with the
con cap. Do not give fbdrv_fb to con. Also make sure to add ':svr' to
the console channel in the con caps.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de