Silly Pthread Issues

brycecr at gmail.com brycecr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 08:50:02 CET 2011

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get some simple modules written just by modifying the
existing hello module. I've got a tiny stupid test one written, and I'm
getting undefined references for all of my pthread functions, even though
I've included all the necessary headers.

I'm modifying hello in place -- should I need to make any makefile
adjustments to get this to build?

Thank you very much!

The modified code is below:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <l4/util/rdtsc.h>

#include <pthread-l4.h>
#include <pthread.h>

void* pthread_func(void* none) {
         pthread_yield();
         return NULL;
}

         int
main(void)
{
         l4_cpu_time_t start_time = l4_rdtsc();
         pthread_t t[100];
         pthread_attr_t a[100];

         for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i) {
                 pthread_attr_init(&a[i]);
                 pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(&a[i], SCHED_L4);
                 pthread_attr_setinheritsched(&a[i],
PTHREAD_EXPLICIT_SCHED);

                 if (pthread_create(&t[i], &a[i], pthread_func, NULL))
                         puts("Everything");
         }
         printf("Cycles elapsed: ", l4_rdtsc() - start_time);
}