Booting L4/Fiasco + L4Re on PC

석현철 hcseok at
Wed May 16 07:59:54 CEST 2012

I’ve tried to boot L4/Fiasco on PC.

I followed the directions for building from both “http://os.inf.tu-dresden.
de/fiasco/build.html” and “”

And I could run L4/Fiasco on QEMU.

Now I hope I want to boot L4 on PC environment.

As I searched, it can be done through GRUB. (But, I am not convinced that
it is right way.)

Anyway, I’ve tried to boot L4 by using GRUB.

I use Ubuntu Linux for compiling L4/Fiasco and L4Re. In this, there is

I made the bootable ISO image.

(It is done by “make grub2iso E=hello MODULE_SEARCH_PATH={mypath}”)

And then, what should I do in order to boot L4 on PC?

How should I configure the GRUB configuration?

I really want to know how to boot L4 on PC. Please, help me!

Kind Regards,

Hyunchul Seok.