l4linux GPU direct access

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jul 9 11:15:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri Jul 06, 2012 at 11:04:15 +0200, Abhishek Gupta wrote:
> I was going to try this but I was thinking may be there is something else
> that
> could be done to get xserver working because at the end I have to use
> intel graphics driver to run xserver on real hardware.
>
> But I still have one question. How can I link l4 x86emu and fbdrv library
> pkg to the
> l4linux. Vesa video driver uses vbe module in xserver to initialize int10.
> I can use fbdrv init instead at that point and didn't have to make any
> changes to the
> xserver.

x86emu is a library and fb-drv is a program, basically just the wrapper
around x86emu with some interface. I think integrating x86emu into
L4Linux or the Xserver is considerable more effort than just let fb-drv
do the switch to VESA then pass-through the graphics memory. Also if
that means tweaking some X driver. Which direct device access (graphics
card) do you actually need?

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de