Full Virtualization with Trustzone

meng-qy meng-qy at neusoft.com
Thu Nov 22 13:31:44 CET 2012

Hi, Adam:

      Thank you for your reply!

 > Memory on imx51 is starting at 0x90000000. At 0x60000000 there are
> pheripherals, i.e. there's no usable memory where something can be copied
> to (or executed).

   I think we make a wrong understanding about " l4sigma0_map_iomem() "  .

>If you want to execute something it needs to be in the
> region 0x90000000-0xafffffff. A simple trick is to reduce the memory for
> secure side (e.g. via imx51.conf) and use the rest for NS.

  Now, we use 0x90000000-0x9fffffff  to run secure side,  and revise the vm configuration as following:
       Ram_base = 0xa1000000,
       Ram_size = 0x4000000, // 128 MB
       Start_addr = Ram_base + 0x100000, // +1MB

    The l4_vm_state is set as:
        state->pc = Start_addr;
        state->cpsr = 0x13; //svc
        state->r[0] = 0;
        state->r[1] = 0x84D; imx51 //arch num

     The NS bare app's entry is set as 0xa1100000, but we still stop at "VM run", we use some tracing
methods and find the system stop at:

 // set pending events
 ldmia r0!, {r1}
 and r1, r1, #0x1c0
 mcr p15, 0, r1, c12, c1, 1  // ivt.S line:954, looks like some ISR pending control.

   BTW, should we  write a virtual-interrupt layer to map the NS call with Secure side? I think maybe
 NS bare app can not visit the pheripherals address directly.

Steven Meng

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.