Our experience with Fiasco.OC + Genode on the Pandaboard

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Mon Nov 26 21:25:17 CET 2012

Hi Julian,

>> we conducted extensive performance optimizations in order to reach an
>> I/O performance that is roughly on par with native Linux. The article
>> describes those steps in detail.
>
> This is amazing! Can you estimate how many man-months you needed to get
> this done?

thanks. :-)

We have been working on the topic since May with varying members of our
team. E.g. Stefan did most of the L4Linux and Fiasco.OC-specific work,
Sebastian was focused on USB and networking, I was responsible for
SD-card and HDMI whereas Martin supported the HDMI topic as well. That
said, we have constantly discussed our steps within the team. It was
great to explore the platform together. I cannot be specific about the
number of man months because the work described in the article is just a
sub set of the work we did during that time.

Cheers
Norman

--
Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske