App on L4Re

OSDepend osdepend at
Thu Nov 29 13:27:09 CET 2012

> Yes, that's the current workflow. Usually we use for example Qemu to
> launch and run systems on our laptops. Physical systems are usually
> booted via network.

> Indeed, there's no ready-to-use solution for that.

Thank you for your answers, it was very helpful. Now I have some more questions:

I wanna to port some app on L4Re, like bash, sphinx. The only thing I can use is the C/C++ library you provide, so it seems like that i need to rebuild every library and dll for the current apps. Do you have some advices or guidlines for me?

> Hi Chen,
> I guess you want to compare the performance of L4Linux with non-L4Linux. It could be a little faster! But you have to > > write an OS layer and maintain it if any changes from your upper java framework.
> josh zhao

Yes, I think the L4Linux may reduce the performance. If I write an OS layer for my ported application, the layer may also interfer the performance of pure Microkernel. That's why I want build/port my application directly on L4Re!