NOVA, NUL, snapshotting

Sartakov A. Vasily sartakov at
Thu Jan 9 16:43:16 CET 2014

Hi again

According to my "ps aux" I see two getty with ttyS0 and ttyS1.
Moreover I see /dev/issue welcome messages in my serial console but I still can’t write anythings, looks like console gives output only.
I have tried with pty/udp/telnet on qemu side - all the same, only output.

And just curios:

Are there any news about publishing live migration stuff in seoul?

>> I want to start NOVA/NUL without vga in qemu.
>> I've added -novga, have removed vga:0x03c0 (and kbc, keyb) in PC_PS2 alias
>> I use hostserial in sigma0.nul config string
>> and bzImage-js has "console=ttyS0" and "console=tty"
>> I do not have a Linux login message after booting if Linux, but I have all messages related to boot.
> This indicates that your setup wrt to NOVA/NUL is correct, but your
> virtual Linux is not spawning a getty on its serial device.
> You need a line such as:
> T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -w -L ttyS0 115200 vt100
> in /etc/inittab to get a login prompt on the serial console.
> You can extract, modify and recreate your initrd with cpio. For details
> check for example this page:
> If the bzImage has the initramfs image already embedded, it should work
> to use an initramfs with only the updated /etc/inittab file.
> Julian

Sartakov A. Vasily
sartakov at