std::cin in Fiasco/L4Re (with 'make qemu')

Emanuel Berg emanuel.berg.8573 at
Thu Apr 3 01:02:39 CEST 2014

Adam Lackorzynski <adam at> writes:

> I'm not sure where you enter this.  For me, the
> following works quite fine:

I tried it in xterm and it was the same thing. But
after the assertion failed (the C++ assert, due to the
inconsistent read), execution seemingly "falls back" to
the qemu prompt (actually it is never anywhere else) -
which looks like this: (qemu) - so I thought I'd hit
the digit again (the presumed input). And indeed, it
produced the same error message ('unknown command') -
so the problem is: the software (running on
Fiasco/L4Re, running on qemu) isn't getting the stdin,
as that is intercepted by *qemu* (and interpreted as a
command, as it says). So it doesn't matter how we twist
it: getchar, scanf (hex or decimal), std::cin, or
whatever else we can think of to try.

underground experts united: