Doubts about File Systems on FIASCO on ARM (Cortex-A15)

Jorge Ventura jorge.araujo.ventura at
Thu Jun 19 17:34:17 CEST 2014

I think that this is something that has to be implemented. If I understand
correctly this matter, any filesystem device driver, except the memory
filesystems you mention before has to be written from scratch as a server
at the top of Fiasco.OC.

I don't know if you are planning to go that far but one idea (and I have
personal interest on that) is to try to port or rewrite the minix 3 file
system from Minix3 to Fiasco.OC. A good reason to do that is because you
can find a detailed explanation in the book

"Operating Systems, Design and Implementation"
  Andrew S.Tanenbaum

in Chapter 5, a detailed description about minix 3 filesystem and the
implementation as well.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Maria Soler <m.soler at