I share a document to access HW on L4 Linux.

Yunchuan Geng yunchuan.geng at nomovok.com
Wed Aug 6 12:04:58 CEST 2014


Hi,

I realized I have make a mistake on i2c memory map and irq number.
I corrected them, but still the same.

Just update the infomation.


IO      | P6Device: l4linux ""
IO      |   P6Device: (noname) "L40009"
IO      |   P6Device: imx-i2c.dev "imx-i2c.2"
IO      | <0x145d0>    IOMEM   [000000021a8000-000000021abfff 4000] 
non-pref (3)
IO      | <0x14628>    IRQ     [00000000000046-00000000000046 1] none 
(32bit) ()
IO      | Real Hardware -----------------------------------
IO      | P6Device: System Bus ""
IO      | Hw::Device[System Bus]
IO      |   P6Device: i2c "imx-i2c.2"
IO      |   Hw::Device[i2c]
IO      | <0x145d0>    IOMEM   [000000021a8000-000000021abfff 4000] 
non-pref (3)
IO      | <0x14628>    IRQ     [00000000000046-00000000000046 1] none 
(32bit) ()

.....................

l4linux | Device scan:
l4linux |   Device: (noname)
l4linux |   Device: imx-i2c.dev
l4linux |     MEM: 021a8000 - 021abfff
l4linux |     IRQ: 00000046 - 00000046
l4linux | Device scan done.

--yunchuan

On 08/06/2014 12:43 PM, Yunchuan Geng wrote:
> hi, L4 hackers and Taeung,
>
> I am a newbie of L4Linux ,and I appreciate you share 
> The_Guide_to_access_HW_on_L4Linux_v1.0.pdf through the following thread.
>
> https://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/2014/006463.html
>
> I followed the guide to access my i2c HW on Freescale i.MX6 Quad SABRE 
> SD board. Got some progress, but still I can not have
> imx-i2c driver probe function called.
>
> This is what I have achieved from the log.
>
> The I2C device is registered to IO server
> IO      | P6Device: l4linux ""
> IO      |   P6Device: (noname) "L40009"
> IO      |   P6Device: imx-i2c.dev "imx-i2c.2"
> IO      | <0x145d0>    IOMEM [000000021a8000-000000021a8fff 1000] 
> non-pref (3)
> IO      | <0x14628>    IRQ [0000000000002e-0000000000002e 1] none 
> (32bit) ()
> IO      | Real Hardware -----------------------------------
> IO      | P6Device: System Bus ""
> IO      | Hw::Device[System Bus]
> IO      |   P6Device: i2c "imx-i2c.2"
> IO      |   Hw::Device[i2c]
> IO      | <0x145d0>    IOMEM [000000021a8000-000000021a8fff 1000] 
> non-pref (3)
> IO      | <0x14628>    IRQ [0000000000002e-0000000000002e 1] none 
> (32bit) ()
>
>
>
> and the device is scaned by L4Linux
>
> l4linux | Device scan:
> l4linux |   Device: (noname)
> l4linux |   Device: imx-i2c.dev
> l4linux |     MEM: 021a8000 - 021a8fff
> l4linux |     IRQ: 0000002e - 0000002e
> l4linux | Device scan done.
>
>
>
> This is what I have modified.
> 1. Modified mach_setup.c file and double check device name is 
> identical to that defined. which is "imx-i2c".
> 2. Also checked argument in l4x_register_platform_device_callback() 
> function are same as 'imx-i2c.dev', which mentioned on page 10 of the 
> guide.
> 3. Added i2c driver ./l4linux/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-imx.c
>
> Anything else I am missing?
>
> I appreciate any help from you guys.
>
> -Yunchuan
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> l4-hackers mailing list
> l4-hackers at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
> http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/mailman/listinfo/l4-hackers




More information about the l4-hackers mailing list