l4/sys/syscalls.h: No such file or directory

Björn Döbel doebel at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Sep 18 17:11:24 CEST 2014

On 18.09.2014 17:12, Valentin Hauner wrote:
> Hi,
> On 09/18/2014 04:51 PM, Björn Döbel wrote:
>> (another advantage you'd get by using L4Re's default application
>> loader btw).
> OK, I'm aware of the fact that all the things I'm implementing
> manually here have already been implemented by you in the default
> loader. The reason I want to use the C (or C++) interface for
> communicating with L4Re and Fiasco.OC is its flexibility. The Lua
> scripts do not provide this flexibility that C or any other
> programming language can offer.

I'm not buying this argument. But that might be my lack of
understanding for your situation.

>> So what I guess happens is that printf() tries to send a message
>> to LOG. LOG is undefined, hence an invalid cap.
> Yes, the trace buffer contains an corresponding entry with errno=4
> ('not existent').
> Is there any simple possibility to do some output in my case? Can I
> assign LOG to the new task?

Well, you need to make sure that your new task gets those initial
caps. You can map capabilities similar to memory fpages. The default
setup of initial remote caps happens in
l4re/pkg/libloader/include/remote_app_model. For logging you might
just map your creator's LOG cap to the same cap index in the new task.

Version: GnuPG v1