Is anyone has experience with pandaboard omap4460?

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Fri Jan 16 08:26:21 CET 2015

On 01/16/2015 04:12 AM, Zachary wrote:
> Matthias Lange <matthias.lange <at> kernkonzept.com> writes:
>
>> On pandaboard.org you will find the Omap4 reference manual. This contains
> all the bits and pieces you need.
>> Writing a framebuffer driver for the Pandaboard includes multiple steps.
> First you need to power on all
>> required subsystems (HDMI, display). Then you will need the GPIO subsystem
> to configure the involved
>> components (e.g. DDC). Configuring the framebuffer itself consists of only a
> few steps, however they may
>> be hard to grasp from the manual.
>
> Thanks for yor reply!
>
> Having searched information about the driver, I still didn't know where to add
> the driver, L4Re? L4Linux?
>
> Where should I put my drvier to? Are there exist examples of drivers I can
> refer to?

I think the fb-drv package is a good starting point. However you can put
your driver into its own package if you like. To plugin nicely with the
existing parts of the L4Re userland (e.g. mag) your driver needs to
implement the Goos video API.

Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth