Increase IPC-Stream size

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 27 01:04:50 CET 2015

On Sun Jan 25, 2015 at 14:50:01 +0100, ba_f wrote:
> the IPC-Stream seems to be limited to 252 objects, for one ios.call().

Indeed, it is limited.

> How can i double that size, so that more objects fit in one IOStream?

The size could be increased by changing both the kernel and user-level
constants accordingly, at least up to a certain limit until even more
needs to be done.
Now, to exchange more data than fits in a UTCB, we usually recommend
shared memory. Would that be an option in your case? Another option
could be to use multiple IPCs to transmit the data in chunks.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de