L4Re Hello World Qemu vs Hardware

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Tue Mar 17 16:47:17 CET 2015

Hi,

On 03/16/2015 12:38 PM, André Bispo wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I was trying to run Fiasco and L4 and i successfully created the ISO
> image and ran it on QEMU.
> How can i run it on my pc hardware? Can you guys provide me some steps
> on how to do it?

Just some pointers from the top of my head:

1. You need to have a working grub on your hard disk
2. Add an entry to your menu.lst or grub.cfg and include all modules.
You can take the grub.cfg from the ISO as an example.
3. Copy all modules onto your boot hard disk
4. Restart and select your new entry from grub's menu

Good look,
Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth