Experimenting the vm-tz example on the Freescale i.mx6 SDB

Mahdi Aichouch foxmehdi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:19:14 CET 2015


Hello Adam,

Thank you again for your answer.

Please find below the execution's log from the start of L4 kernel until the
stop of the vm-tz test:

L4 Bootstrapper
  Build: #21 Tue Mar 17 15:28:32 CET 2015, 4.8.3 20140320 (prerelease)
  Scanning up to 1024 MB RAM, starting at offset 32MB
  Memory size is 1024MB (10000000 - 4fffffff)
  RAM: 0000000010000000 - 000000004fffffff: 1048576kB
  Total RAM: 1024MB
  Scanning fiasco
  Scanning sigma0
  Scanning moe
  Moving up to 5 modules behind 11100000
  moving module 02 { 110a6000-110df63f } -> { 11196000-111cf63f } [235072]
  moving module 01 { 1109c000-110a538b } -> { 1118c000-1119538b } [37772]
  moving module 00 { 11044000-1109bb17 } -> { 11134000-1118bb17 } [359192]
  moving module 04 { 1102a000-1104365b } -> { 1111a000-1113365b } [104028]
  moving module 03 { 11010000-11029473 } -> { 11100000-11119473 } [103540]
  Loading fiasco
  Loading sigma0
  Loading moe
  find kernel info page...
  found kernel info page at 0x10002000
Regions of list 'regions'
    [ 10000000,  100000e3] {       e4} Root   mbi_rt
    [ 10001000,  10001aff] {      b00} Kern   fiasco
    [ 10002000,  10066fff] {    65000} Kern   fiasco
    [ 10090000,  10096edf] {     6ee0} Sigma0 sigma0
    [ 10098000,  1009e177] {     6178} Sigma0 sigma0
    [ 10140000,  10171d77] {    31d78} Root   moe
    [ 10178000,  101934ab] {    1b4ac} Root   moe
    [ 11000000,  1100f4ff] {     f500} Boot   bootstrap
    [ 11100000,  11133fff] {    34000} Root   Module
  API Version: (87) experimental
  Sigma0 config    ip:10090100 sp:00000000
  Roottask config  ip:10140260 sp:00000000
  Starting kernel fiasco at 100012c8
Number of IRQs available at this GIC: 160
FPU0: Arch: VFPv3(3), Part: VFPv3(30), r: 4, v: 9, i: 41, t: hard, p:
dbl/sngl
L2: ID=410000c7 Type=9e340340 Aux=02070000 WMask=ffff S=0
L2: Type L2C-310 Size = 1024kB  Ways=16 Waysize=64
GIC: Switching IRQ 58 to secure
SERIAL ESC: allocated IRQ 58 for serial uart
Not using serial hack in slow timer handler.
Welcome to Fiasco.OC (arm)!
L4/Fiasco.OC arm microkernel (C) 1998-2013 TU Dresden
Rev: rexported compiled with gcc 4.8.3 for i.MX6    []
Build: #4 Tue Mar 17 14:55:01 CET 2015

GIC: Switching IRQ 29 to secure
Calibrating timer loop... done.
MDB: use page size: 20
MDB: use page size: 12
SIGMA0: Hello!
  KIP @ 10002000
  allocated 4KB for maintenance structures
SIGMA0: Dump of all resource maps
RAM:------------------------
[4:10000000;10000fff]
[0:10067000;1008ffff]
[0:10097000;10097fff]
[0:1009f000;1013ffff]
[4:10140000;10171fff]
[0:10172000;10177fff]
[4:10178000;10193fff]
[0:10194000;110fffff]
[4:11100000;11133fff]
[0:11134000;4effffff]
IOMEM:----------------------
[0:0;fffffff]
[0:50000000;ffffffff]
MOE: Hello world
MOE: found 1031204 KByte free memory
MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
  BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
  BOOTFS: [1111a000-1113365c] [C:504000] vm-tz
MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
Vmm started
Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
MOE: task 270000679 exited with 1



Kindest regards,

Mahdi


On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer!
>
> I configured the Ram_base to 0x20000000 for the normal-world OS and the
> Ram_size to
> 0x10000000 (256 MB).
>
> The secure world OS is loaded at 0x10000000 according to the link address
> of fiasco
> kernel on the i.mx6, and has 256 MB of Ram.
>
> When I start the vm-tz example, the reserve_area( ) method is executed
> successfully,
>
> ...
>
> l4_addr_t v = Ram_base;
> L4Re::chksys(env->rm()->reserve_area(&v, Ram_size, L4Re::Rm::Reserved));
>
> fault = l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base, Ram_size,
> 1);
> if (fault) {
>    printf("Cannot map nonsecure memory: %s\n", l4sigma0_map_errstr(fault));
>    exit(1);
> }
>
> ...
>
> but the l4sigma0_map_iomem( ) returns an error:
>
> ...
> Vmm started
> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
> MOE: task 270000679 exited with 1
>
> Then the programs stops executing, the setup_linux(vmstate) function is not
> executed, and the ATAG data structure is not copied.
>
> Do you have an idea of what might cause this fault.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Best regars,
> Mahdi
>
>
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to test the "vm-tz", and I created a new entry in the
>> "/src/l4/conf/modules.list".
>>
>> entry tz_vm
>> roottask moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>> module l4re
>> module vm-tz
>>
>> Is my entry correct? Or there is some missing modules?
>> How to know what modules should be included?
>>
>> Does someone has a successful running configuration.
>> Is it possible to share with us a working configuration.
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mahdi
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was able to correct the error related to the creation of the VM, by
>>> recompiling the fiasco kernel using
>>> the "trustzone secure side" as an Execution Model option instead of the
>>> "Standard Mode".
>>>
>>> Now the code goes further and it stops at
>>>
>>> l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base, Ram_size, 1);
>>>
>>> which return the following error:
>>>
>>> MOE: Hello world
>>> MOE: found 1031204 KByte free memory
>>> MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
>>> MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
>>> MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
>>> MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
>>>   BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
>>>   BOOTFS: [1111a000-1113365c] [C:504000] vm-tz
>>> MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>> MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
>>> MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
>>> Vmm started
>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
>>>
>>> I used the same memory parameters of the example, that is,
>>> the RAM base of the non secure world is 0x20000000, and
>>> the RAM size is 0x00100000.
>>>
>>> Could someone help me to correct this.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Mahdi
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I am trying to experiment the "vm-tz" example on the Freescale i.mx6
>>>> SDB board.
>>>>
>>>> At first, my goal is to understand the example, thus I am interested in
>>>> running
>>>> a simple test kernel instead of a full linux kernel.
>>>>
>>>> Specifically, I am trying to reproduce the experimentation of the
>>>> article related to the trustzone
>>>> implementation on Fiasco.OC L4re, "ARM Trustzone as a Virtualization
>>>> Technique in Embedded Systems".
>>>> In particular, it is mentioned in the article at the "Implementation"
>>>> paragraph that "Multiplexing two or more OS is supported by our design."
>>>> I would like to investigate this point.
>>>>
>>>> I created a new entry to generate the vm-tz binary.
>>>> I added the following entry to the "src/l4/conf/modules.list" file :
>>>>
>>>> entry tz_vm
>>>> roottask moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>> module l4re
>>>> module vm-tz
>>>>
>>>> Is my configuration entry correct, is there any missing modules that
>>>> are required by the example?
>>>>
>>>> I tested the binary on the board using tftp, and I obtained the
>>>> following results:
>>>>
>>>> L4 Bootstrapper
>>>>   Build: #12 Tue Mar 17 12:10:02 CET 2015, 4.8.3 20140320 (prerelease)
>>>>   Scanning up to 1024 MB RAM, starting at offset 32MB
>>>>   Memory size is 1024MB (10000000 - 4fffffff)
>>>>   RAM: 0000000010000000 - 000000004fffffff: 1048576kB
>>>>   Total RAM: 1024MB
>>>>   Scanning fiasco
>>>>   Scanning sigma0
>>>>   Scanning moe
>>>>   Moving up to 5 modules behind 11100000
>>>>   moving module 02 { 110a5000-110de63f } -> { 11195000-111ce63f }
>>>> [235072]
>>>>   moving module 01 { 1109b000-110a438b } -> { 1118b000-1119438b }
>>>> [37772]
>>>>   moving module 00 { 11044000-1109a0c7 } -> { 11134000-1118a0c7 }
>>>> [352456]
>>>>   moving module 04 { 1102a000-11043597 } -> { 1111a000-11133597 }
>>>> [103832]
>>>>   moving module 03 { 11010000-11029473 } -> { 11100000-11119473 }
>>>> [103540]
>>>>   Loading fiasco
>>>>   Loading sigma0
>>>>   Loading moe
>>>>   find kernel info page...
>>>>   found kernel info page at 0x10002000
>>>> Regions of list 'regions'
>>>>     [ 10000000,  100000e3] {       e4} Root   mbi_rt
>>>>     [ 10001000,  10001aff] {      b00} Kern   fiasco
>>>>     [ 10002000,  10062fff] {    61000} Kern   fiasco
>>>>     [ 10090000,  10096edf] {     6ee0} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>     [ 10098000,  1009e177] {     6178} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>     [ 10140000,  10171d77] {    31d78} Root   moe
>>>>     [ 10178000,  101934ab] {    1b4ac} Root   moe
>>>>     [ 11000000,  1100f4ff] {     f500} Boot   bootstrap
>>>>     [ 11100000,  11133fff] {    34000} Root   Module
>>>>   API Version: (87) experimental
>>>>   Sigma0 config    ip:10090100 sp:00000000
>>>>   Roottask config  ip:10140260 sp:00000000
>>>>   Starting kernel fiasco at 100012c8
>>>> Number of IRQs available at this GIC: 160
>>>> FPU0: Arch: VFPv3(3), Part: VFPv3(30), r: 4, v: 9, i: 41, t: hard, p:
>>>> dbl/sngl
>>>> L2: ID=410000c7 Type=9e340340 Aux=02070000 WMask=ffff S=0
>>>> L2: Type L2C-310 Size = 1024kB  Ways=16 Waysize=64
>>>> SERIAL ESC: allocated IRQ 58 for serial uart
>>>> Not using serial hack in slow timer handler.
>>>> Welcome to Fiasco.OC (arm)!
>>>> L4/Fiasco.OC arm microkernel (C) 1998-2013 TU Dresden
>>>> Rev: rexported compiled with gcc 4.8.3 for i.MX6    []
>>>> Build: #3 Wed Mar 11 16:43:41 CET 2015
>>>>
>>>> Calibrating timer loop... done.
>>>> MDB: use page size: 20
>>>> MDB: use page size: 12
>>>> SIGMA0: Hello!
>>>>   KIP @ 10002000
>>>>   allocated 4KB for maintenance structures
>>>> SIGMA0: Dump of all resource maps
>>>> RAM:------------------------
>>>> [4:10000000;10000fff]
>>>> [0:10063000;1008ffff]
>>>> [0:10097000;10097fff]
>>>> [0:1009f000;1013ffff]
>>>> [4:10140000;10171fff]
>>>> [0:10172000;10177fff]
>>>> [4:10178000;10193fff]
>>>> [0:10194000;110fffff]
>>>> [4:11100000;11133fff]
>>>> [0:11134000;4effffff]
>>>> IOMEM:----------------------
>>>> [0:0;fffffff]
>>>> [0:50000000;ffffffff]
>>>> MOE: Hello world
>>>> MOE: found 1031220 KByte free memory
>>>> MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
>>>> MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
>>>> MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
>>>> MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
>>>>   BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
>>>>   BOOTFS: [1111a000-11133598] [C:504000] vm-tz
>>>> MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>> MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
>>>> MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
>>>> Vmm started
>>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'N2L413Runtime_errorE'
>>>> MOE: task 270000679 exited with 127
>>>>
>>>> The code stops at the beginning when it tries to create a VM :
>>>>
>>>> L4Re::chksys(env->factory()->create_vm(vm));
>>>>
>>>> After reading through the code, I saw that the code example is
>>>> expecting a linux-image and an initrd to be provided. Is it possible to
>>>> tell me where these should be added in the build directory? In my test
>>>> case, the linux-image will be replaced by a simple kernel image.
>>>>
>>>> Could someone help me to correct my test case.
>>>>
>>>> Many thanks in advance.
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Mahdi
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/attachments/20150325/177ec1d8/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the l4-hackers mailing list