Experimenting the vm-tz example on the Freescale i.mx6 SDB

Mahdi Aichouch foxmehdi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:02:50 CEST 2015


Hello Adam,

Please find below the error code returned by the
"l4_error(me->vcpu_control_ext((l4_addr_t)vcpu))" function:
Thank you very much for you help.

Best Regards,

Mahdi

Welcome to Fiasco.OC (arm)!
L4/Fiasco.OC arm microkernel (C) 1998-2013 TU Dresden
Rev: rexported compiled with gcc 4.8.3 for i.MX6    []
Build: #4 Tue Mar 17 14:55:01 CET 2015

GIC: Switching IRQ 29 to secure
Calibrating timer loop... done.
MDB: use page size: 20
MDB: use page size: 12
SIGMA0: Hello!
  KIP @ 10002000
  allocated 4KB for maintenance structures
SIGMA0: Dump of all resource maps
RAM:------------------------
[4:10000000;10000fff]
[0:10067000;1008ffff]
[0:10097000;10097fff]
[0:1009f000;1013ffff]
[4:10140000;10171fff]
[0:10172000;10177fff]
[4:10178000;10193fff]
[0:10194000;110fffff]
[4:11100000;11e8dfff]
[0:11e8e000;1effffff]
IOMEM:----------------------
[0:0;fffffff]
[0:20000000;ffffffff]
MOE: Hello world
MOE: found 231100 KByte free memory
MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 1f000000
MOE: allocated 240 KByte for the page array @0x1009f000
MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
  BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
  BOOTFS: [1111a000-1116cc20] [C:504000] ned
  BOOTFS: [1116d000-112c3470] [C:505000] io
  BOOTFS: [112c4000-112dd65c] [C:506000] vm-tz
  BOOTFS: [112de000-1168df8c] [C:507000] vm-linux-image-tz
  BOOTFS: [1168e000-11e8e000] [C:508000] linux-initrd
MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
Vmm started
setup linux ok...
vcp_control_ext returns -38
MOE: task 270000679 exited with 1






On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Adam,
>
> I reduced the RAM_SIZE_MB to 256MB and it worked great! Thank you very
> much!
>
> However, the execution went well until the call
> to L4Re::chksys(me->vcpu_control_ext((l4_addr_t)vcpu));
> which generates the following error:
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'N2L413Runtime_errorE'
>
> Do you have any idea of what might be wrong.
> I attached the whole debug messages to this mail.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mahdi
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Adam,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your answer and explanation.
>>
>> The call to "l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base,
>> ram_size, 1)"
>> failed at the first page that it tries to map.
>>
>> I activated the debug flags in pkg/sigma0/server/src/globals.h.
>>
>> And I get the debug messages include in the attached file. But based on
>> the debug messages
>> it is difficult to interpret what might be wrong.
>> Could you please take a look at the logs in the attached file and tell
>> me what do you think.
>>
>> Thank you again for your help.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Mahdi
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Adam,
>>>
>>> I tried to do as you suggested, and I added a loop in order to map a
>>> small chunk of memory at time.
>>>
>>> When I tried to map 1 KB at a time and 2 KB at a time, I received this
>>> error from the first call to
>>>  l4sigma0_map_iomem ( ) function:
>>>
>>> ...
>>> Vmm started
>>> j = 0 addr = 0x0
>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory Phys, virt or size not aligned
>>> ...
>>>
>>> Then, I tried to add 4KB at a time, and I received the same error as
>>> before at the first call to
>>> the l4sigma0_map_iomem ( ) function, that is:
>>>
>>> ...
>>> Vmm started
>>> j = 0 addr = 0x0
>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
>>> ...
>>>
>>>
>>> I also tried with 4 KB, 8 KB, 16 KB, 32 KB,...
>>> I get the same error: "No fpage received"
>>>
>>>
>>> This is the code of the loop that I added:
>>>
>>>   int ram_size = 0x1000; //4 KB
>>>
>>>
>>>   int address  = 0x0;
>>>   int j;
>>>   for(j = 0; j < 256; j++) {
>>>     fault = l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base,
>>> ram_size, 1);
>>>     printf("j = %d addr = 0x%x\n", j, address);
>>>     address += ram_size;
>>>     if (fault) {
>>>       printf("Cannot map nonsecure memory %s\n",
>>> l4sigma0_map_errstr(fault));
>>>       exit(1);
>>>     }
>>>   }
>>>
>>>
>>> Could you please tell me what else should I check to track down the
>>> source of the error.
>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>
>>> Kindest regards,
>>>
>>> Mahdi
>>>
>>> PS: I attached the main.cc file of my vm-tz example.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello Adam,
>>>>
>>>> Thank you again for your answer.
>>>>
>>>> Please find below the execution's log from the start of L4 kernel until
>>>> the stop of the vm-tz test:
>>>>
>>>> L4 Bootstrapper
>>>>   Build: #21 Tue Mar 17 15:28:32 CET 2015, 4.8.3 20140320 (prerelease)
>>>>   Scanning up to 1024 MB RAM, starting at offset 32MB
>>>>   Memory size is 1024MB (10000000 - 4fffffff)
>>>>   RAM: 0000000010000000 - 000000004fffffff: 1048576kB
>>>>   Total RAM: 1024MB
>>>>   Scanning fiasco
>>>>   Scanning sigma0
>>>>   Scanning moe
>>>>   Moving up to 5 modules behind 11100000
>>>>   moving module 02 { 110a6000-110df63f } -> { 11196000-111cf63f }
>>>> [235072]
>>>>   moving module 01 { 1109c000-110a538b } -> { 1118c000-1119538b }
>>>> [37772]
>>>>   moving module 00 { 11044000-1109bb17 } -> { 11134000-1118bb17 }
>>>> [359192]
>>>>   moving module 04 { 1102a000-1104365b } -> { 1111a000-1113365b }
>>>> [104028]
>>>>   moving module 03 { 11010000-11029473 } -> { 11100000-11119473 }
>>>> [103540]
>>>>   Loading fiasco
>>>>   Loading sigma0
>>>>   Loading moe
>>>>   find kernel info page...
>>>>   found kernel info page at 0x10002000
>>>> Regions of list 'regions'
>>>>     [ 10000000,  100000e3] {       e4} Root   mbi_rt
>>>>     [ 10001000,  10001aff] {      b00} Kern   fiasco
>>>>     [ 10002000,  10066fff] {    65000} Kern   fiasco
>>>>     [ 10090000,  10096edf] {     6ee0} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>     [ 10098000,  1009e177] {     6178} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>     [ 10140000,  10171d77] {    31d78} Root   moe
>>>>     [ 10178000,  101934ab] {    1b4ac} Root   moe
>>>>     [ 11000000,  1100f4ff] {     f500} Boot   bootstrap
>>>>     [ 11100000,  11133fff] {    34000} Root   Module
>>>>   API Version: (87) experimental
>>>>   Sigma0 config    ip:10090100 sp:00000000
>>>>   Roottask config  ip:10140260 sp:00000000
>>>>   Starting kernel fiasco at 100012c8
>>>> Number of IRQs available at this GIC: 160
>>>> FPU0: Arch: VFPv3(3), Part: VFPv3(30), r: 4, v: 9, i: 41, t: hard, p:
>>>> dbl/sngl
>>>> L2: ID=410000c7 Type=9e340340 Aux=02070000 WMask=ffff S=0
>>>> L2: Type L2C-310 Size = 1024kB  Ways=16 Waysize=64
>>>> GIC: Switching IRQ 58 to secure
>>>> SERIAL ESC: allocated IRQ 58 for serial uart
>>>> Not using serial hack in slow timer handler.
>>>> Welcome to Fiasco.OC (arm)!
>>>> L4/Fiasco.OC arm microkernel (C) 1998-2013 TU Dresden
>>>> Rev: rexported compiled with gcc 4.8.3 for i.MX6    []
>>>> Build: #4 Tue Mar 17 14:55:01 CET 2015
>>>>
>>>> GIC: Switching IRQ 29 to secure
>>>> Calibrating timer loop... done.
>>>> MDB: use page size: 20
>>>> MDB: use page size: 12
>>>> SIGMA0: Hello!
>>>>   KIP @ 10002000
>>>>   allocated 4KB for maintenance structures
>>>> SIGMA0: Dump of all resource maps
>>>> RAM:------------------------
>>>> [4:10000000;10000fff]
>>>> [0:10067000;1008ffff]
>>>> [0:10097000;10097fff]
>>>> [0:1009f000;1013ffff]
>>>> [4:10140000;10171fff]
>>>> [0:10172000;10177fff]
>>>> [4:10178000;10193fff]
>>>> [0:10194000;110fffff]
>>>> [4:11100000;11133fff]
>>>> [0:11134000;4effffff]
>>>> IOMEM:----------------------
>>>> [0:0;fffffff]
>>>> [0:50000000;ffffffff]
>>>> MOE: Hello world
>>>> MOE: found 1031204 KByte free memory
>>>> MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
>>>> MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
>>>> MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
>>>> MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
>>>>   BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
>>>>   BOOTFS: [1111a000-1113365c] [C:504000] vm-tz
>>>> MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>> MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
>>>> MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
>>>> Vmm started
>>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
>>>> MOE: task 270000679 exited with 1
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Kindest regards,
>>>>
>>>> Mahdi
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello Adam,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you very much for your answer!
>>>>>
>>>>> I configured the Ram_base to 0x20000000 for the normal-world OS and
>>>>> the Ram_size to
>>>>> 0x10000000 (256 MB).
>>>>>
>>>>> The secure world OS is loaded at 0x10000000 according to the link
>>>>> address of fiasco
>>>>> kernel on the i.mx6, and has 256 MB of Ram.
>>>>>
>>>>> When I start the vm-tz example, the reserve_area( ) method is executed
>>>>> successfully,
>>>>>
>>>>> ...
>>>>>
>>>>> l4_addr_t v = Ram_base;
>>>>> L4Re::chksys(env->rm()->reserve_area(&v, Ram_size,
>>>>> L4Re::Rm::Reserved));
>>>>>
>>>>> fault = l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base,
>>>>> Ram_size, 1);
>>>>> if (fault) {
>>>>>    printf("Cannot map nonsecure memory: %s\n",
>>>>> l4sigma0_map_errstr(fault));
>>>>>    exit(1);
>>>>> }
>>>>>
>>>>> ...
>>>>>
>>>>> but the l4sigma0_map_iomem( ) returns an error:
>>>>>
>>>>> ...
>>>>> Vmm started
>>>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
>>>>> MOE: task 270000679 exited with 1
>>>>>
>>>>> Then the programs stops executing, the setup_linux(vmstate) function
>>>>> is not
>>>>> executed, and the ATAG data structure is not copied.
>>>>>
>>>>> Do you have an idea of what might cause this fault.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>>>
>>>>> Best regars,
>>>>> Mahdi
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am trying to test the "vm-tz", and I created a new entry in the
>>>>>> "/src/l4/conf/modules.list".
>>>>>>
>>>>>> entry tz_vm
>>>>>> roottask moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>>>> module l4re
>>>>>> module vm-tz
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is my entry correct? Or there is some missing modules?
>>>>>> How to know what modules should be included?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Does someone has a successful running configuration.
>>>>>> Is it possible to share with us a working configuration.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Mahdi
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I was able to correct the error related to the creation of the VM,
>>>>>>> by recompiling the fiasco kernel using
>>>>>>> the "trustzone secure side" as an Execution Model option instead of
>>>>>>> the "Standard Mode".
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Now the code goes further and it stops at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> l4sigma0_map_iomem(sigma0_cap.cap(), Ram_base, Ram_base, Ram_size,
>>>>>>> 1);
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> which return the following error:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> MOE: Hello world
>>>>>>> MOE: found 1031204 KByte free memory
>>>>>>> MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
>>>>>>> MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
>>>>>>> MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
>>>>>>> MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
>>>>>>>   BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
>>>>>>>   BOOTFS: [1111a000-1113365c] [C:504000] vm-tz
>>>>>>> MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>>>>> MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
>>>>>>> MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
>>>>>>> Vmm started
>>>>>>> Cannot map nonsecure memory No fpage received
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I used the same memory parameters of the example, that is,
>>>>>>> the RAM base of the non secure world is 0x20000000, and
>>>>>>> the RAM size is 0x00100000.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Could someone help me to correct this.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>>>> Mahdi
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Mahdi Aichouch <foxmehdi at gmail.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I am trying to experiment the "vm-tz" example on the Freescale
>>>>>>>> i.mx6 SDB board.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> At first, my goal is to understand the example, thus I am
>>>>>>>> interested in running
>>>>>>>> a simple test kernel instead of a full linux kernel.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Specifically, I am trying to reproduce the experimentation of the
>>>>>>>> article related to the trustzone
>>>>>>>> implementation on Fiasco.OC L4re, "ARM Trustzone as a
>>>>>>>> Virtualization Technique in Embedded Systems".
>>>>>>>> In particular, it is mentioned in the article at the
>>>>>>>> "Implementation" paragraph that "Multiplexing two or more OS is supported
>>>>>>>> by our design."
>>>>>>>> I would like to investigate this point.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I created a new entry to generate the vm-tz binary.
>>>>>>>> I added the following entry to the "src/l4/conf/modules.list" file :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> entry tz_vm
>>>>>>>> roottask moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>>>>>> module l4re
>>>>>>>> module vm-tz
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Is my configuration entry correct, is there any missing modules
>>>>>>>> that are required by the example?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I tested the binary on the board using tftp, and I obtained the
>>>>>>>> following results:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> L4 Bootstrapper
>>>>>>>>   Build: #12 Tue Mar 17 12:10:02 CET 2015, 4.8.3 20140320
>>>>>>>> (prerelease)
>>>>>>>>   Scanning up to 1024 MB RAM, starting at offset 32MB
>>>>>>>>   Memory size is 1024MB (10000000 - 4fffffff)
>>>>>>>>   RAM: 0000000010000000 - 000000004fffffff: 1048576kB
>>>>>>>>   Total RAM: 1024MB
>>>>>>>>   Scanning fiasco
>>>>>>>>   Scanning sigma0
>>>>>>>>   Scanning moe
>>>>>>>>   Moving up to 5 modules behind 11100000
>>>>>>>>   moving module 02 { 110a5000-110de63f } -> { 11195000-111ce63f }
>>>>>>>> [235072]
>>>>>>>>   moving module 01 { 1109b000-110a438b } -> { 1118b000-1119438b }
>>>>>>>> [37772]
>>>>>>>>   moving module 00 { 11044000-1109a0c7 } -> { 11134000-1118a0c7 }
>>>>>>>> [352456]
>>>>>>>>   moving module 04 { 1102a000-11043597 } -> { 1111a000-11133597 }
>>>>>>>> [103832]
>>>>>>>>   moving module 03 { 11010000-11029473 } -> { 11100000-11119473 }
>>>>>>>> [103540]
>>>>>>>>   Loading fiasco
>>>>>>>>   Loading sigma0
>>>>>>>>   Loading moe
>>>>>>>>   find kernel info page...
>>>>>>>>   found kernel info page at 0x10002000
>>>>>>>> Regions of list 'regions'
>>>>>>>>     [ 10000000,  100000e3] {       e4} Root   mbi_rt
>>>>>>>>     [ 10001000,  10001aff] {      b00} Kern   fiasco
>>>>>>>>     [ 10002000,  10062fff] {    61000} Kern   fiasco
>>>>>>>>     [ 10090000,  10096edf] {     6ee0} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>>>>>     [ 10098000,  1009e177] {     6178} Sigma0 sigma0
>>>>>>>>     [ 10140000,  10171d77] {    31d78} Root   moe
>>>>>>>>     [ 10178000,  101934ab] {    1b4ac} Root   moe
>>>>>>>>     [ 11000000,  1100f4ff] {     f500} Boot   bootstrap
>>>>>>>>     [ 11100000,  11133fff] {    34000} Root   Module
>>>>>>>>   API Version: (87) experimental
>>>>>>>>   Sigma0 config    ip:10090100 sp:00000000
>>>>>>>>   Roottask config  ip:10140260 sp:00000000
>>>>>>>>   Starting kernel fiasco at 100012c8
>>>>>>>> Number of IRQs available at this GIC: 160
>>>>>>>> FPU0: Arch: VFPv3(3), Part: VFPv3(30), r: 4, v: 9, i: 41, t: hard,
>>>>>>>> p: dbl/sngl
>>>>>>>> L2: ID=410000c7 Type=9e340340 Aux=02070000 WMask=ffff S=0
>>>>>>>> L2: Type L2C-310 Size = 1024kB  Ways=16 Waysize=64
>>>>>>>> SERIAL ESC: allocated IRQ 58 for serial uart
>>>>>>>> Not using serial hack in slow timer handler.
>>>>>>>> Welcome to Fiasco.OC (arm)!
>>>>>>>> L4/Fiasco.OC arm microkernel (C) 1998-2013 TU Dresden
>>>>>>>> Rev: rexported compiled with gcc 4.8.3 for i.MX6    []
>>>>>>>> Build: #3 Wed Mar 11 16:43:41 CET 2015
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Calibrating timer loop... done.
>>>>>>>> MDB: use page size: 20
>>>>>>>> MDB: use page size: 12
>>>>>>>> SIGMA0: Hello!
>>>>>>>>   KIP @ 10002000
>>>>>>>>   allocated 4KB for maintenance structures
>>>>>>>> SIGMA0: Dump of all resource maps
>>>>>>>> RAM:------------------------
>>>>>>>> [4:10000000;10000fff]
>>>>>>>> [0:10063000;1008ffff]
>>>>>>>> [0:10097000;10097fff]
>>>>>>>> [0:1009f000;1013ffff]
>>>>>>>> [4:10140000;10171fff]
>>>>>>>> [0:10172000;10177fff]
>>>>>>>> [4:10178000;10193fff]
>>>>>>>> [0:10194000;110fffff]
>>>>>>>> [4:11100000;11133fff]
>>>>>>>> [0:11134000;4effffff]
>>>>>>>> IOMEM:----------------------
>>>>>>>> [0:0;fffffff]
>>>>>>>> [0:50000000;ffffffff]
>>>>>>>> MOE: Hello world
>>>>>>>> MOE: found 1031220 KByte free memory
>>>>>>>> MOE: found RAM from 10000000 to 4f000000
>>>>>>>> MOE: allocated 1008 KByte for the page array @0x10194000
>>>>>>>> MOE: virtual user address space [0-bfffffff]
>>>>>>>> MOE: rom name space cap -> [C:501000]
>>>>>>>>   BOOTFS: [11100000-11119474] [C:503000] l4re
>>>>>>>>   BOOTFS: [1111a000-11133598] [C:504000] vm-tz
>>>>>>>> MOE: cmdline: moe --init=rom/vm-tz
>>>>>>>> MOE: Starting: rom/vm-tz
>>>>>>>> MOE: loading 'rom/vm-tz'
>>>>>>>> Vmm started
>>>>>>>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>>>>>>>> 'N2L413Runtime_errorE'
>>>>>>>> MOE: task 270000679 exited with 127
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> The code stops at the beginning when it tries to create a VM :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> L4Re::chksys(env->factory()->create_vm(vm));
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> After reading through the code, I saw that the code example is
>>>>>>>> expecting a linux-image and an initrd to be provided. Is it possible to
>>>>>>>> tell me where these should be added in the build directory? In my test
>>>>>>>> case, the linux-image will be replaced by a simple kernel image.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Could someone help me to correct my test case.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Many thanks in advance.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Best regards,
>>>>>>>> Mahdi
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/attachments/20150413/6c49c36e/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the l4-hackers mailing list