Testing Fiasco.OC+L4re on ODROID-X2(Exynos4412)

Reinier Millo Sánchez rmillo at uclv.cu
Thu Jun 11 23:13:27 CEST 2015

Hi Adam

On 06/11/2015 04:39 PM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu Jun 04, 2015 at 23:56:15 -0400, Reinier Millo Sánchez wrote:
>> We have adapted the Proc class to support the IRQ on Fiasco.OC when
>> compiling it in TrustZone Normal Side. Following the principle that in
>> TrustZone the IRQ are used on Normal Side and the FIQ are used in Secure
>> Side, we have only used the IRQ when compile the Fiasco.OC with TrustZone
>> Normal Side. By default Fiasco.OC was using the IRQ and FIQ when compiling
>> with TrustZone Normal Side. This is our patch:
> True that on normal side only the FIQ is used, but the FIQ state shall
> not play a role there, as the normal side must not be able to interfere
> with the secure side. So it shouldn't matter?
The normal side must not interfere with secure side. The normal side
only use the IRQ and secure side the FIQ. By default when not using
TrustZone Secure Side, Fiasco.OC try to enable both interrupts, the IRQ
and FIQ. We think that there is a problem, when the kernel running on
normal side try to write the FIQ bit. In this case we think that the
operation is cancelled and the IRQ remains deactivated too.
The current implementation of Fiasco.OC make a diference only in
TrustZone Secure Side, and only activates the FIQ. We adapted the Proc
class to activate only the IRQ when compiling FiascoOC on TrustZone
Normal Side with a Secure Monitor Interface. In this case the FIQ bit is
not write and the operation isn't cancelled.

>> Now when we compile Fiasco.OC and run the Hello example for Odroid-X2 using
>> TrustZone Normal Side, it works fine.
> Ok good. What is running on the secure side in this case?
In this case we have nothing running on secure side.

>> We have noted the when is compiled with TrustZone Secure Side, then only use
>> the FIQ, but when try to run it on Odroid-X2 it fails. This is the serial
>> output:
>>
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 64 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 79 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 78 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 9 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 8 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 10 to secure
>>     GIC: Switching IRQ 11 to secure
> Did you try to figure out where it is stuck?
In this case we have only tested the simple configuration. We have seen
that to run a example with TrustZone Secure Side, seems to be a little
more complex. Now we are trying to test de vmm's example.

>> We are also interested to use Fiasco.OC for ODROID-X2 without TrustZone, in
>> which case we must configure both IRQ and FIQ, but fails. This the serial
>> output:
> Is that the 'std' mode? I.e. there's nothing running on the secure side?
This is standard mode without trustzone. The FiascoOC is configured in
standard mode.
I have been looking for information about the trustzone, this is a
security mechanism provided by hardware. But, there is any way to use
the hardware without trustzone, or it must be used always on normal or
secure side?

>>     Regions of list 'regions'
>>          [ 40000000,  400000e3] {       e4} Root   mbi_rt
>>          [ 40001000,  40001aff] {      b00} Kern   fiasco
>>          [ 40002000,  4003afff] {    39000} Kern   fiasco
>>          [ 40090000,  4009681b] {     681c} Sigma0 sigma0
>>          [ 40098000,  4009e177] {     6178} Sigma0 sigma0
>>          [ 40140000,  4018b4ab] {    4b4ac} Root   moe
>>          [ 41000000,  4100e4ff] {     e500} Boot   bootstrap
>>          [ 41100000,  41133fff] {    34000} Root   Module
>>        API Version: (87) experimental
>>        Sigma0 config    ip:40090100 sp:00000000
>>        Roottask config  ip:4014020c sp:00000000
>>        Starting kernel fiasco at 400012c8
>>     Hello from Startup::stage2
>>     Per_cpu_data_alloc: (orig: 0xf002d7a0-0xf002e1a8)
>>     Number of IRQs available at this GIC: 160
>>     FPU0: Arch: VFPv3(3), Part: VFPv3(30), r: 4, v: 9, i: 41, t: hard,
>>     p: dbl/sngl
>>
>>     KERNEL: Warning: No page-fault handler for 0xee202108, error
>>     0x94000848, pc f002660c
>>
>> Anyone know what is happening with interrupts in Exynos4412 when TrustZone
>> is not used? Anyone have some idea?
>

> Adam
Best regards

--