real time app on l4linux

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Dec 14 00:18:07 CET 2015

Hi,

On Fri Dec 11, 2015 at 00:26:51 +0100, cem akpolat wrote:
> with the real time I was talking about the short response times such as if
> an operation takes in linux 1 second, my expectation from microkernel, is
> to have less then 1 second. Especially, for the embedded system, where the
> microkernel can undertake a critical role, the duration of response time is
> extremely important. If you mean, the example will be running separately
> will give the same performance, then it is needless to implement it and in
> this case my logic is totally wrong! Because with the real time, i was
> comparing l4linux with rtlinux.

There's probably some misunderstanding. If some piece of work needs 1
second to do something then it needs this second, no matter where it
runs. If you want it to complete faster then you have to work on the
algorithm or use faster hardware or similar approaches.
When you run some work on the microkernel directly you have more
control over it's execution behavior than you typically have in Linux
but a smaller kernel does not make your code run faster!

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de