MHonArc test archive

Re: A question

Hi Mete

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

My dissertation consist on measuring the performance of the FORE
ASX-200BX switch, to determine if some features really work.

Currently, I have two linux boxes (P120 and P130 with 32 and 64 MB)
connected to the switch with PCA200-E 155Mbps FORE cards.

I start my simulations just two weeks ago, since I had some problems to
use AAL0 (there is a bug in the driver). However, using a mapping
function (if you did not read UWE email I will explain further) I manage
to receive AAL0 cells, but not to transmit them.

I have made a couple of programs to measure Cell Transfer Delay and Cell
Delay Variation, and they are working fine. The only problem is that I
would like to use the driver for timestamping using ioctl(socket,
SIOCGSTAMP, &stamp) but it does not work.

My next step will be to measure the performance of the Per-VC Queuing of
the switch. I will put a constant stream in the switch and then a burst
destined to the same output port, to measure the influence one
connection has on the QoS of the other. But first I have to learn about
the real-time operation of Linux.

I will keep in touch.

"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; Copy from two, it's reseach"

Alfonso Gonzalez
Msc. High Speed Networks & Distributed Systems
Oxford Brookes University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index