MHonArc test archive

Transmission model

Hi

I am starting to write the simulation chapter of my dissertation. Though
simulations are going OK and I have an approximate idea of what is going
on within the system, I would like some expert confirmation.

When a write an array to the socket, the data in the array is copied to
the socket buffer, then it is copied to the host memory space used by
the driver, and then transferred using DMA directly into the
transmission media. And the opposite for receiving.

Is this correct?

What about context switches?

As usual, thank you in advance.

Alfonso.