MHonArc test archive

SSCOP Fails To Go

Hi!

I'm using a PCA200E card and I just keep getting the dreaded
'O:VT(CC)>=MaxCC' message from atmsigd.

I'm using:

        linux 2.0.29 (glibc)
        Linux ATM 0.31
        PII
        Talking to a Virata switch
        UNI3.0.

The switch shows ILMI up and running, but SSCOP alternating between
idle and connecting.

It very briefly ran until I reset the machine but I couldn't work
out what I did to make it so (bing showed about 70Mbps to a nearby Sparc).

Is there perhaps some dreadful interop problem between Linux ATM and
Virata switches? Or should I give up and go buy a 100BaseT ethernet
card? Don't you just love the way ethernet just works first time ...

Miserably Yours,
Luke Diamand

--
Virata http://www.virata.com