MHonArc test archive

Re: PCA200EPC or PCA200EUX?

Uwe Dannowski <uwe.dannowski@inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Ronnie Lindgren wrote:
> > Does it matter? Fore PCA200EPC or PCA200EUX? Whats the difference?
>
> >From http://www.fore.com/products/adpt/200Eadpt.html :
> > PCA-200EUX    AIX, IRIX, and Solaris systems
> > PCA-200EPC    Windows95/WindowsNT/Novell Netware device drivers
>
> The hardware is the same. The only difference is the set of drivers provided.
> Thus, it doesn't matter with Linux ;-)

Lets say that I have a Sun Ultra10 with a PCA-200EUX card. What do
you think my success would be using your driver when compiling and
using it under sparc-linux?

The reason I'm asking is that my co-worker will be leaving for his
summer vacation in about a week. During his vacation the Ultra10 he
is using will be available for my experiments and I am going to
install Linux on it and try to get ATM running with PCA-200EUX
card.

> Uwe

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland

Home | Main Index | Thread Index