New cli/sti semantics in Fiasco 1.0?

Jacob Gorm Hansen jacob at melon.dk
Sat Aug 30 17:17:26 CEST 2003

hi,

as far as I recall, Fiasco used to re-enable interrupts upon returning
from a syscall, even if they had been disabled before the syscall. Some
of my old code (my patched version of L4Linux22 which I am using with
nomadbios) seems to have relied on this behaviour and now fails with a
"page fault in cli mode" on the first intruction after an IPC-operation.

Am I correct that the behaviour has been changed like this, or do I just
have to configure my Fiasco differently? The old Fiasco I am using is
from CVS about a year ago.

thanks,
Jacob