IPC/Capabilities Overview

M. Edward Borasky znmeb at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 1 04:20:26 CET 2004

Yes, memories get *bigger* but not faster. So memory hierarchies get deeper.
I wonder if operating systems shouldn't have a "deeper hierarchy" as well
... A "nanokernel" that lives in the processor and its registers, a
"microkernel" that lives in the level 1 cache, etc.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
mailto:znmeb at borasky-research.net
http://www.borasky-research.net

"Suppose that tonight, while you sleep, a miracle happens - you wake up
tomorrow with what you have longed for! How will you discover that a miracle
happened? How will your loved ones? What will be different? What will you
notice? What do you need to explode into tomorrow with grace, power, love,
passion and confidence?" -- L. Michael Hall, PhD