AW: Problems with compiling DROPS packages

Rene Wittmann wittmaennle at gmx.de
Wed Feb 16 10:36:18 CET 2005

> > > Did you build the oskit?
> > >
> > > Generally a make in the l4 directory should all do this (provided
> > > that oskit and oskit10 are besides the l4 directory).
> > >

> > Yes, I built it.
> > My directory structure is the same as described in "Building DROPS
> > HowTo", namely
> > <DROPS_DIR>/l4
> > <DROPS_DIR>/oskit
> > <DROPS_DIR>/oskit10
> >
> > When I run make in the l4-directory, it performs all the actions
> > correctly until it comes to building the directory l4/pkg.
>
> The ansi.h file should come from
> /home/sirewitt/src/drops/include/oskit10/oskit/freebsd/machine
> Is that the case for you?
>
> What's your DROPS_STDDIR? (See Paths and Directories in the
> configuration menu)

DROPS_STDDIR=/home/sirewitt/src/drops/ , unfortunatelly there exists no
include-directory, but
in /home/sirewitt/src/drops/l4 there is one...

I thought DROPS_STDDIR should point to the base of the directories, not to
l4-directory, (so I find the
help provided in the 'make config' a bit misleading).
I changed it to DROPS_STDDIR=/home/sirewitt/src/drops//l4 (where the
include-directory resides), but the error
message seems the same:

http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sirewitt/drops_compile_20050216_01
18

my Makeconf.bid.local (out of the l4-directory) can be found under:
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sirewitt/Makeconf.bid.local

(also changing the DROPS_INSTDIR to DROPS_STDDIR gives the same error
message:
http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sirewitt/drops_compile_20050216_02
16 )

Thanks, Rene