Rights Amplification

Bernhard Kauer kauer at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jun 10 16:55:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

some additional notes from me.

> Within this framework, the only directly supported operations on such
> capabilities are map, grant, unmap and IPC.  The map operation can be
> used to delegate the capability, grant can be used to move the
> capability and unmap to revoke it.  The IPC operation allows clients
> to send messages to an object, for example, to invoke operations on
> the object.

I think here is a difference to our view on capabilities: The IPC operation
allows to send a message through an endpoint to a server. The server could
somehow identify the sender of a message.

Using this sender identification as object reference, where the server
invokes an operation on, is possible only if a single object reference is
needed. As mentioned by Neal last week this does not work for multiple