booting l4linux under drops

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 27 23:39:08 CEST 2005

On Mon Jun 27, 2005 at 20:18:32 +0200, Emanuel Thomas wrote:
> I've tried to boot L4Linux under Dope using the grub menu from the demo
> cd. But there is no dopelog and doperun being build by the cvs source.

dopelog has been superseded with a separate, more powerful program,
dmon. This is currently not in our CVS. We should change this.

doperun has been superseded by proxygon+run.

> What is initrd.gz good for?

This is usually a ramdisk being used to bootstrap a Linux system.

> Anyway not using these tasks or using the ones from the demo cd results in
> a frozen system after dope has launched.

Well, I'd need details to say more here.

> Is there really no Dope client application available in the cvs source?

There are, e.g. in dope/examples, proxygon or even L4Linux.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de