task not cleared properly

Bert van Leeuwen bert.vanleeuwen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:10:16 CEST 2005

I didn't have --events, but I tried that now, and still doesn't make a
difference. names says this when it starts up:
names | Fiasco detected, registering thread names at kernel
names | Starting thread listening for `exit' events

but other than that the behaviour remains as before. I will check to see if
my names and events are up to date with the CVS versions, mine are probably
around 3-4 months old now.

On 6/30/05, Adam Lackorzynski <adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> On Thu Jun 30, 2005 at 11:32:12 +0200, Bert van Leeuwen wrote:
> > After my main function has exited, the task still seems to live. On the
> > serial debug console I see:
> > myapp | Main function exit with code 0
> >
> > but pressing N at the cmd prompt console shows:
> > 1E.00 myapp.rm
> > 1E.01 myapp.sem
> > 1E.02 myapp.main
> >
> > and every time I run my app another instance appears...
> > Is there anything I am supposed to do to make the task go away properly?
> > am running simple_ts and events, and my app is a l4env_freebsd app
> compiled
> > in DROPS and running in the fiasco kernel. Let me know if I need to
> supply
> > further information.
>
> If you're using events deregistering names should work. Do you start
> names with the --events option?
>

> Adam
> --
> Adam adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de