problem deploying l4env

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Aug 25 23:04:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 22:44:47 +0200, Christoph Mueller wrote:
> I tried to build an l4env enabled simple hello world server,
> but I was not able to deploy it, because the l4env-servers did not start up.
> (Hello in sigma0-mode did work.)

Looks like your menu.lst is from the floppy disk.

The floppy disk uses bootstrap/roottask but you have compiled l4env with
rmgr, which is still the default. Just enable the "Use roottask" option
in the l4 configuration menu and your setup should work. Alternatively
use the rmgr syntax in your menu.lst.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de