L4Linux with serial console / IRQ usage

Andreas Niederl niederl at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Aug 10 19:22:15 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have been trying to get a serial console on L4Linux with the stub
drivers and encountered the message 'l4ser: vkey_irq not set - input
disabled!'.

Unfortunately I don't know which IRQ number is required here. I tried
passing some different values to L4Linux which resulted in the error
message 'irq_thread: RMGR denied IRQ 4: Code 0x1'.

I'd be grateful for some hints on that.

I also noticed that there are several different ways for handling IRQs
(omega0, rmgr, l4io, ...) which require different options for some
servers and L4Linux.
Are there any documents describing the IRQ handling in L4Env and how to
follow one of these ways consistently?

/boot/grub/menu.lst:
title L4Linux-2.6
kernel /boot/bootstrap -serial
modaddr 0x02000000
module /boot/bin/fiasco -nowait -nokdb -serial -serial_esc -comport 1
module /boot/bin/sigma0
module /boot/bin/roottask task modname "bmodfs" attached 5 modules
module /boot/bin/names
module /boot/bin/log
module /boot/bin/dm_phys
module /boot/bin/simple_ts -t 300
module /boot/bin/rtc
module /boot/bin/l4io --noirq
module /boot/bin/tftp -i
module /boot/bin/bmodfs
   module /boot/bin/libld-l4.s.so
   module /boot/bin/libloader.s.so
   module /boot/bin/run-script
   module /boot/bin/vmlinuz26
   module /boot/bin/drops-rd.rd
module /boot/bin/loader --fprov=BMODFS run-script

/boot/bin/run-script:
modpath "/boot/bin"

sleep 2
task "vmlinuz26" "mem=64M load_ramdisk=1 ramdisk_size=17000
root=/dev/ram l4env_rd=/boot/bin/drops-rd.rd console=ttyLv0
l4ser.vkey_irq=4" priority 0xA0 all_sects_writable

Regards,
Andi