Fwd: attempted fix for asm in oskit cpuid.c

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 12 17:12:34 CEST 2006

On Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 23:14:08 +0100, spooq wrote:
> On 4/11/06, spooq <spoooq at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, I'll start using one of those. Is there any real difference between the two?

From a users point of view not really. They both work equally well.

> > Id also like to know what would need to be done to port L4Env to a new
> > arm-based arch, eg video card driver (not supported by existing linux
> > driver), touchscreen, mmu. Is there a list somewhere of interfaces
> > that need to be implemented?

There's no such list. For a new platform you basically have to add or
adapt interrupt, timer, mmu, uart etc. drivers in the kernel. User space
needs to be taught some platform information but that's it basically.
A video card driver is some user thing. I have l4con and dope running
but that's it when one doesn't have keyboard/mouse. And touchscreen
sounds like there's a special application anyway.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de