L4Linux threads - interrupt context

Oskar Senft o.senft at sirrix.com
Fri Aug 25 16:41:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

> And why do you need to run the server thread in an IRQ context? Couldn't it just be a
> "normal" L4Linux thread?
That exactly was my question. The server thread must run within the L4Linux
kernel. I only know how to create Linux threads which are not capable of
providing IPC server services due to blocking, and I know L4Linux threads
that run in IRQ contexts. Is there another way?

Best
Oskar.

--
Sirrix AG security technologies - http://www.sirrix.com
Oskar Senft  eMail: o.senft at sirrix.com
Tel +49 (681) 936 251 - 119   Fax +49 (681) 936 251 - 519
get public key from keyserver
Fingerprint 6FC6 3E44 233F 7F4B 33C7  A8D0 2EDA F3BA B5A3 0BA4

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action
based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and