TC and L4

Bernhard Kauer kauer at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 23 18:34:15 CET 2006

Hi Burak,

> I have a few questions about L4 and trusted platforms.

first: what do you want to do with L4 and TC?

> Are there any implementation of L4 which supports TSS 1.2 stack?

No. There are various reasons that there will never be a server on
L4 that provides a TSS interface, but of course you can port e.g.
Trousers to L4.

> Are there any interfaces supplied by L4 to access TPM?

There is a prototype server, which gives you a /dev/tpm like
interface. Unfortunately is this server not public until now.

> Are there any trusted platform application on L4?

Yes, we have some and we are currently working in the OpenTC project
to build some more.

Greetings,

    Bernhard Kauer